Terms of Service
ISSEY MIYAKE INC. Members Terms of Service
ISSEY MIYAKE INC. (“Company”) hereby sets forth the following terms of service (“Terms”) for the services provided on “ISSEY MIYAKE INC. Members” operated by the Company (“Services”).
Article 1: Scope of Application and Amendment of these Terms
- These Terms shall apply to the Company and to “Members” as defined in the next article with regard to use of the Services; Customers shall comply with these Terms in good faith when using the Services.
- When the particulars of the Services have changed or there are other sufficient grounds, the conditions set forth in these Terms may be amended in whole or in part by public announcement through publication on a Company website for Members (“Members Site”) or by other equivalent method (“Publication etc.”).
- When these Terms have been amended pursuant to the preceding paragraph, the Terms as amended will apply to all use of the Services occurring on or after an effective date specified at the time of Publication etc. as in the preceding item.
- Member registration procedures shall be carried out personally by the individual seeking Member registration, on a Member registration page of the Members Site, and registration by others on behalf of such individual shall as a rule not be allowed.
- No enrollment fee or annual fee shall be charged for use of the Services.
Article 2: Members
- “Member” means any Customer that has entered the required matters on the Member registration page of the Members Site and thereupon completed the procedures.
- The Company shall issue Membership bar codes for the Services (“Membership Web Cards”) to Members, and Member IDs shall be shown on Membership Web Cards. The Member IDs shown on Membership Web Cards can be used only by the Members for which they were registered, and cannot be transferred or lent to anyone else.
Article 3: Management of Passwords
Customers shall strictly manage passwords under their own responsibility, and the Company shall not be held liable for any damage suffered by Customers as a result of use of passwords by others, regardless of whether there has been negligence on the part of such Customers.
Article 4: How to Use Membership Cards
- At the time of purchase of a product in a Members Store designated by the Company, points will be added upon presentation of a Membership Web Cards; provided, however, that for a product etc. for which an advance order is placed, points will be added at the time payment is settled.
Members Stores shall be the shops designated on the following webpages.
- Points will be added only if a Membership Web Cards is presented before purchase. Please be advised that points cannot be added if a Membership Web Cards is presented after purchase.
Article 5: Member Benefits
- Promotions for Members
Members will be given priority when the Company sends various promotional information, direct mails and email newsletters.
- Points Discounts
- Except in certain exceptional cases, points will be awarded to the sale price (excluding sales tax) of the purchased product(s) in accordance with a point award rate separately specified by the Company.
- When accumulated points have reached 100, a points discount of 100 yen per 100 points can be applied to the product sale price (including sales tax) for the next purchase or any purchase thereafter.
Points will be subtracted from the accumulated points at the time of their use.
Points will not be awarded for shipping costs, alteration costs, packing costs, products designated by the Company, or the like.
Points can be validly awarded for purchases using cash, credit, gift card, or any other method of payment.
Accumulated points cannot be liquidated for cash.
Accumulated points cannot be transferred or lent to third parties.
When a product has been returned, a number of points equivalent to those already added for such product will be subtracted.
Accumulated points can be used only in physical stores, and cannot be used in online stores etc.
It is not possible to combine or consolidate the points on multiple different Membership Web Cards.
Accumulated points shall expire if not used within one year of the last purchase date.
Accumulated points will become invalid when a Member has forfeited Member eligibility or cancelled membership.
Article 6: Amendment of Registered Matters
When there has been a change to a registered address, name, phone number, email address, or other such matter of a Customer, the relevant Customer shall personally amend such matters on an amendment page of the Members Site.
Article 7: ProhibitionsWhen using the Services, Members shall not engage in conduct that falls under or is deemed by the Company to fall under any of the following items. In the event that a Member is discovered to have engaged in such conduct, the Company may suspend such Member’s use of the Services or cause such Member to forfeit Member registration. In addition, such Member may be denied readmission thereafter.
- Performing Member registration multiple times for the same person;
- Causing or allowing a third party other than the Member to use the Services;
- Conduct in breach of these Terms;
- Conduct that violates laws and regulations or is connected with criminal acts, or that is likely to do/be so;
- Fraud or intimidation against the Company or other users of the Services;
- Conduct that is or is likely to be contrary to public order and morality;
- Registering information containing material that is false or likely to invite misunderstanding;
- Conduct that infringes or is likely to infringe the Company’s intellectual property rights (including violations of the Unfair Competition Prevention Act);
- Conduct that impedes the operation of the Services or the Company’s other business activities, or that is likely to do so;
- Conduct that is or is likely to be injurious to the Company’s brand image or reputation; and
- Other conduct that the Company reasonably determines to be inappropriate.
Article 8: Membership Cancellation
Members shall be entitled to cancel their memberships at any time, and when cancelling their memberships, shall personally complete the procedures on a membership cancellation page of the Members Site.
Article 9: Handling of Personal Information
Article 10: Ownership of Copyrights etc.
All copyrights, trademark rights, and other intellectual property rights for images, designs and the like published on the Members Site shall belong to the Company or to other lawful rights holders such as copyright holders, and Customers shall not engage in conduct infringing such rights.
Article 11: Suspension or Cancellation of Services
The Company shall be entitled to suspend or cancel the provision of the Services in whole or in part, without advance notice to Customers, in any of the following cases.
- In the case of emergency system inspection or maintenance;
- If it has become difficult to provide the Services due to natural calamity, war, terrorism, rioting, epidemic, or other societal unrest;
- If it has become difficult to provide the Services as a result of failure, improper operation, excessive concentration of access, unauthorized third-party access, computer virus infection or the like of/to systems;
- If there has been a request pursuant to legitimate grounds from an administrative or judicial body; or
- If the Company otherwise reasonably determines that the suspension or cancellation of service is unavoidably necessary.
Article 12: Disclaimer
- The Company will bear no liability whatsoever with regard to whether application information received from Customers reaches the Company’s computer systems, or with regard to whether application information that has reached the Company’s computer systems is the same as the application information transmitted by Customers.
- When a Member has suffered damage due to willful misconduct or gross negligence on the part of the Company, the Company will be liable therefor in accordance with relevant laws and regulations.
- The Company will be liable for damage suffered by Members due to causes attributable to the Company (excluding willful misconduct or gross negligence), limited to direct and ordinary damage actually suffered by such Members (and therefore not including damage arising due to special circumstances).
Article 13: General Provisions
- All communication and all notifications between Members and the Company with regard to the Services shall be conducted by a method designated separately by the Company.
- When the Company has communicated or sent notification to an email address or other contact information included in registered information, the relevant Customer shall be deemed to have received such communication or notification.
- These Terms shall be governed by the laws of Japan.
- The Tokyo District Court shall be the exclusive court of first instance for all disputes arising out of or in connection with these Terms.
- The Japanese version of these Terms shall be the official version hereof, and in the event of a textual discrepancy between the Japanese version and a translation into another language, the Japanese version shall prevail.
Enacted: February 1, 2021
【 2021 年 2 月 1 日制定】